Sadly, we will be wrapping up our unit on Mo Willems today. We have had so much fun reading about Trixie, Pigeon, Piggy and Gerald. We will be shifting gears next week with a unit on 'Snowmen'. We will read the book Snowmen at Night and do lots of winter related activities. See curriculum highlights below:
Dramatic Play: Igloo and winter wonderland
Science: Painting ice and snow
Block Center: Taping photos of kids in their winter gear on the blocks
Easel: Tin foil paintings with blue and white paint
Water Table: Hot Cocoa
Table for 2: Cutting Snowflakes
Circle Time Activities: Snowball Estimation Jar, Snowman Bowling, Measuring How Much Snow= How Much Water
IMPORTANT NEWS AND EVENTS:
1. We have started small group activity (about 10 minutes) each day in the classroom. Our preschoolers are divided into four groups, and each day one group works on a particular skill (fine motor, math, literacy, etc.) So far our preschoolers have been loving it! Offering a more structured and teacher directed activity in the day helps support skill development and is great prep for Kindergarten!
2. Next Friday, February 10th, is the 100th day of school (if we don't have a snow day between now and then)! We will celebrate by baking cookies with 100 chips, making 100th day crowns, build a structure using 100 solo cups and write the numbers 0-100. It will lots of fun!
3. Next Thursday, February 9th, we will have music with Hugh Hanley at 11:30am. If this is a day your child does not attend school, please feel free to join us.
4. Newton Public Schools will be closed Monday, February 20th through Friday, February 24th. The preschool will be closing the Friday before break (February 17th) at 12:45pm. We will send out an additional reminder next week.
5. As many of you know, Valentine's Day is February 14th. We will not be doing any organized activities in the classroom, with the exception of some heart stencils at the art table. If you plan to do valentines with your child, please put them in friends' cubbies at drop off or pick up. We have attached a class list to this email to help with names.
6. Just a reminder that we are collecting gallon jugs for our igloo. Thanks!
The website has been updated with recent pics so be sure to check them out. Have a great weekend!
Lauren and Rachel
Welcome to the Preschool Two blog. This page is where you can access information about your child’s classroom. We will update our classroom blogs weekly (and sometimes more often) with updates regarding fun activities, important dates and events, curriculum and classroom photos. Be sure to check it out!